Do you feel that your “best self” struggles to keep up with life’s challenges?
Here are some basic principles to help you be your “best self” even when life throws you a curveball.
Be Still – Live in the present moment. Be intentional and quiet your mind.
Excellent – Strive for excellence, not perfection. You’re good enough as you are right now.
Sufficient – Accept yourself and life as it is. The good and the bad are all part of life.
Thankful – Have a mindset of abundance and gratitude. The more you give the more you overflow.
Spiritual – Connect with your God in a progressively deeper level. You are not alone.
Enthusiastic – Celebrate your small and big accomplishments. Honor your ups and downs.
Loving – Reach out to the love flowing at your core. Your essence is pure love. Love always wins.
Forgiving – Reframe the situation with compassion for yourself and others. Free yourself.
Here are 5-minute or less small habits with big impact:
- Say no. When you say no to things that aren’t your priorities, you’re saying yes to things that matter the most to you.
- Let people around you share your tasks.
- Ask for help and accept it when it is offered.
- Create something, draw, paint, color.
- Give yourself a high five in the mirror. Dance, be silly for 60 seconds.
- Nurture your relationships – Call, text, write a letter.
- Say hi to a stranger.
- Move your body daily, go outside and breathe fresh air.
Boost your energy with good nutrition, hydration, play, and rest.
Take care of yourself. Self-care is not selfish – You can’t give what you don’t have.
I’m here for you.