When you’re not feeling well, you don’t want to be waiting forever in a crowded urgent care, right?
Get your telemedicine visit today from the comfort of your home!
Our board-certified healthcare professionals are here for you 7 days a week from 6 am to 10 pm ET.
ADVANTAGES of telemedicine:
- Can treat 90% of your acute or chronic health conditions.
- Is an efficient and cost-effective way to treat your chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, asthma, depression, anxiety, and others. You can be monitored closely to discuss lab results, tests, diet, medications, lifestyle, and more.
- Can reduce your health care spending by decreasing medication misuse, unnecessary emergency department visits, and hospitalizations. You also save higher costs of untreated health issues.
- Is convenient if you’re a busy professional, or just can’t miss work. If you’re in college and can’t miss school. Also, if you’re on vacation and don’t want to wait forever for an in-person visit.
- Is convenient if you have transportation problems or childcare limitations and you’re a busy mom. You can have your visits from home or from another location.
DISADVANTAGES of telemedicine:
Telemedicine is not for you if you:
- Have an emergency situation and need immediate in-person care.
- Don’t have access to a smart device with internet connection.
- Can’t navigate the technology and you don’t have anyone to help you.
- Need a cardiac evaluation with EKG reading, lab tests right away, heart auscultation.
- Have uncontrolled COPD or asthma, you need lung auscultation and oxygenation checks for better assessment, you may need a nebulizer treatment and steroid injection.
- Need a neurologic assessment including checking reflexes.
- Need assessment for diabetes-related neuropathy.
- Have any condition that you feel more comfortable seen a healthcare provider in-person.
FeelWell Telehealth is a member of the
American Telemedicine Association
Is it wise to have my primary care doctor via telemedicine?
The short answer is – It’s not for everyone, but many people can benefit from having a primary care doctor, your healthcare provider, via telemedicine only.
In medical and nursing school we learn that over 80% of diagnoses are made on history alone. The patient history is fundamental for his overall healthcare.
In a good in-person annual wellness physical, your healthcare provider spends only 5-10% of the visit performing your physical exam and 90-95% of the visit in history taking and education.
At FeelWell Telehealth your annual wellness physical includes:
- Taking your comprehensive medical and family history.
- Reviewing your medications, including over the counter medications, vitamins, and supplements.
- Ordering medication refills as needed.
- Assessing your health and the progression of any degenerative health conditions.
- Reviewing your diet and your exercise activities and providing counseling as appropriate.
- Assessing your lifestyle status, and your high-risk for serious diseases.
- Assessing for alcohol, tobacco, other additions, and high-risk behaviors.
- Assessing for sleep disorders and mental health issues.
- Counseling for birth control options and STD prevention.
- Writing orders or reviewing screening tests such as lab work, mammograms, DEXASCAN, Colonoscopy, Cologuard, ultrasound, other images as appropriate.
- Sending referrals for specialists in-person, such as GYN, urologist, cardiologist, dermatologist, gastroenterologist, as needed.
- Reviewing immunization status and checking online with Florida SHOTS and providing counseling for recommended vaccines. (You can get the shots at your local pharmacy).
- Making your plan of care considering your feedback.
- And more as necessary.
Most patients with existing conditions have had good physical examinations by their specialists. But if you need an in-person physical exam we have partnerships with colleagues who can see you.
Have you missed your annual wellness physical for a few years due to lack of time?
We’re here for your annual wellness physical via telemedicine.
To nurture continuous improvement of people’s quality of life with holistic care and leading-edge technology.
To hold the trust of our community assuring above expectation personalized and optimal health care.
We are dedicated to serve our community with our resources as we understand the well being of individuals are linked to the strength of their community.
FeelWell Telehealth works with Shepherd’s Hope in providing free healthcare services to the uninsured and under-insured population of Central Florida.